Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Cause he had something to say.....

I've always had a great love for words since I was a little girl. I was listening to music trying to memorize the songs of danish artist when I couldn't have been much older than 3.

I loved it when my sister read out load to me and even before I started writing and reading I was making up stories which i recorded on to an old taperecorder.

Then I got older and I learned to write and started spitting out stories of dragons, witches and horses on paper. Wierd subjects? Yes, I know, but none the less true!

For a while through high school I forgot about this passion of mine, but a few years ago it returned and I started writing poems and today I even write short stories to when ever I get the chance.

So when I like a movie or a song the lines and lyrics has just as much to do with it as the actors and the melody. My point is that I don't often realize this before I sit down and really listen to the lyrics of a song like I did last night.

I already knew both Sean McCann and Alan Doyle of Great Big Sea are some of the best lyricist in the world (at least in my opinion), but this song really moved me more that any lyrics normally do(maybe because it in a way brough my thoughts to my own family and my grandparents).

This song is not yet released but hopefully it will be soon. It is written and preformed by the amazingly talented Sean McCann. Take a listen... and be moved!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...