Thursday, September 16, 2010

A world of art...

I was visting Aros a few weeks back with a friend of mine. Aros is a modern arts museum located in Arhus. I've been there before and everytime I go I find someting new that impresses me. This time 2 special exhibitions really left a mark on me.

The first one was a photo exhibition by Jacob Holst called Holts' America - Hope, belief and love
These are some of my fave shots:







These photos showed the America the artist has experienced throughout the 30 years he lived there. It showed pictures of the how normal it seems to be carrying guns and horrific pictures of how poor some people really are overthere, but it also showed pictures full of compassion, hope and love... Wonderful :D

The other exhibition that really impressed me was by Julie Nord. I'll only show a few pictures of hers since I intent to dedicate a later blog post to her. She really left an impression on me and I'll never forget her name again and her art is now hanging on my wall ;D





Julie Nord is a brilliant artist and I will diffinatly show more of her art in a later blog, where I'll also give my opinion on some of my my fave pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...