Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Living and Learning

I am a firm believer in the saying: "that which doesn't kill you can only make you stronger," and I my case it hasen't killed me yet.

A lot of stuff has added to me being the person that I am today and even though I've been through things that wasen't fun at the time - there actually isn't one single experience that I'd rather been without. If I haden't moved away from home at an early age I maybe wouldn't have had as strong a relationship with my sister as I have today, if I hadn't lived at Roenbjerghus first I maybe wouldn't have realized how truely lucky I was to live at a place like Fjordbo later and I am sure I wouldn't have been the person that I am today hadn't it been for either of those places. Roenbjerghus destroyed me and Fjordbo picked me back up - but I wouldn't have been as strong and confident as I am today hadn't I gone through what I did.

I am not sitting here feeling sorry for myself and I am not saying that my life has been any harder or easier than others. We all have or challenges and I have had mine.
This past year has made me appriciate my past a bit more - and the character it build in me. A few of the downs has been a fight between a life long friend and me - I doubt our friendship will ever be the same but today we talked for the first time in months and I feel we might be able to have another kinda friendship in the past.

There's been cancer in my family this year and their still is. I've feelt the sadness of not being able to see my brother as much as I used too because he moved away and a friend of mine has been bullied in a very public way (which I recentely noticed is still going on), but there has been alot of good stuff this year too.

Lots of great moments with my best friend and he amazing kids, other great moments with other good friends and me and my sister I feel is closer than ever and it ment the world to me to be able to acompany her to her first U2 concert (her fave band) and see have happy that made her.

Well I actually had a point when I started this post believe me or not ;) What I am trying to say is; it is so easy to only focus on the negative stuff in life and for some reason it is easier for us to stay mad at someone instead of listening and forgiving. I know - I've been there. I am not trying to make myself out to be a saint and this piece of advise is meant for me as much as anyone who feels like they need it:

Let go of the bad stuff in you life. Try and forgive people around you or hey maybe even yourselves. If you look at the brigth sides of life the sun will shine right through and what hurts and seems unfair today might turn out to be what will help you become the person you will become in a few years.

So thanks to everyone who ever hurt me or helped me in the past - you have brigthened my days or you who made the world seem like the worst place to be - all who have ever touched me in a neagative way or a positive, in a huge way or a little easily forgotten way - I am proud of who I am today and you helped me become that person.

I will leave you all with a piece of advice from Alan Doyle - an advice I am trying to remember everyday myself and today I feel like I did - in more ways than one.

So come on people count your blessings not your curses, find the angel in your life and let go of the devils, smile at the simple stuff and the sun will find you for sure :)



blog u later :) Have a great week, look at the bright sides of life and love a little <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...