Monday, March 28, 2011

Ready...

Ready ... to let go? Ready... to share.

Not sure which or if it is maybe both. I always keep my poems close at first because they are very personal to me. Sometimes I share them with people or maybe even put them up on the blog, but it is far from all that make it so far.

This poem is about a friend of mine who died, so maybe me posting this will mean that I'll let go for good now? Maybe... hopefully - anyway here goes!

HOWLING AT THE MOON

Like a hand reaching in
stealing a breath
stopping a heart
Like waterfalls of tears on skin
Freezing - unable to move
Falling into the void you left behind

Her soul rising and floating free
soaring like a bird
sailing to the sun
Looking down at us all to see
tears falling from loss
tears falling from eyes she loved

Waiting to her from you soon
but the words wont come
the sound stays lost
Then I hear wolves howling at the moon
and I know you're free
and I know you're where you're suppose to be

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...