Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Book Challenge 1: Crime Novels

Okay this book challenge has proved to be just that. I don't often read Crime Novels so I hasen't been easy for me to find a book I found interesting (add to it it has to be written before 2000 and it is next to impossible)!!!

I know, I know - I am wailing especially since I ended up finding more than one book - but not without help from friends and ispiration from TV and it still wasn't easy. I am not sure I'll end up reading them all but here is what I came up with - 5 different novels by 5 different authors:

1. This first book is written by Arthur Conan Doyle and it is called The hound of Baskersvilles. I have been meaning to read a Sherlock Holmes novel for quite some time now and I thought it was about time. I know the stories of the british detective very well from TV and the 2010 movie, but I am embarresed to admit I actually
never read one of the books.

2. This next novel is written by the author Ian Rankin - and I have never read anything by him but I do weakly recollect the mini series one tv about John Rubus played by John Hannah. This book is also about John Rubus and I have been meaning to try out these books to for a while now and the book challenge is a good excuse.


3. This novel is called The Third Twin and the writer is Ken Follett - an author I am very fimiliar with. He has written books like A place called freedom (one of my favorite books and worth a read), Pillars of the earth and Whiteout - but I have never read this one - well because it is a crime novel and as I said I don't normally read to many of those, but Follett is a great writer and I thought he should make the cut.


4. My forth choice is by the author Kathy Reichs with one of her books about Temperence Brennan. You may know the name from the tv-show Bones and yes it is Reichs' books about her crime fighthing anthropologist which inspired the show. I love the show but I have never read any of the books so I thought I'd better start with the first: Deja-Death.

5. This last book on my list is actually the one I am looking forward to the most. I have never heard of the author before nor the book and the only reason I picked it was because the summary sounded great. I can't wait to read this one and I thing it might be the one that surprises me the most - if it is going to be in a good way or a bad way I can't tell yet.
So these are the books I am going to read this month if the library is quick enough to get them to me and if I find them catchy enough I might get through them all - if not well than atleast I've gotten started on crime novel and who knows - I might like it :)

1 comment:

  1. Og der er bare slet ikke noget Anders Bodelsen!!!!! Men synes meget godt om Sherlock valget ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...