Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Golden Globes in dresses - the good, the bad and the wierd...

Golden Globes means lots and lots of dresses. Beautiful dresses, bad dresses and well very very wierd dresses ;) Let begin with the bad ones shall we. This year brought lots of salmon colored dresses which in my opinion rarely compliments anyone, but none of these were among the worst (eventhough I kinda hoped one of them would be ;))


This one is horrible. First of all the colors are boring and the dress does absolutly nothing for Julianna Margulies breast. The entire shape of the dress is just wierd and what that knot looking thing is doing on her side is still a mystery to me!

I just taked about salmons and eventhough this dress is not salmon colored it kinda makes Anne Hathaway look like a salmon. The sequins on the dress kinda makes it look like she is covered in fish scales besides the dress does make her look older than she is.

And know to the wierd ones:

I've gotta say I've never been a fan of dresses that looks like underwear, which this one does, but that is not what makes it wierd. Is it me or does it look like Halle Berry has wrapped her see-through curtain around her waist??

Well wierd doesn't necessarily mean bad. I would diffinatly never even consider wearing a dress like this, but I still find it pretty amazing. It is wierd, colorful and it looks totally out of place, but still is fits Helen Bonham Carter. She is beautiful in her own uniqe way and I love her guts and her style. This dress is a peice of art and it fits her style perfectly ;)


And now to the beautiful ones ;) I've got three fav ones and I am going to share them all with you.

Jennifer Lopez looks elegant as always. I love her style and I always look forward to see what she is wearing at the award shows and she didn't disappoint me this time either. The dress is simpel and beautiful but what makes the dress is the almost see-through shawl around her shoulders. A perfect choice that compliments her figure and beauty.

Another woman I am always excited to see at the award shows are Catherine Zeta-Jones. She is a very beautiful woman and I also love her taste in dresses. This one is among my fav one I've ever seen her in. I love the layers, the fabric and the cut. Not to mention the color is really amazing.

This dress is dress is my absolute favorite. Natalie Portman did an amazing job when she picked this dress. She looks amazing and the layers of the dress shows of her beautiful tummy. I love the way it floats on her and the rose really makes the dress stand out. To quote Ole Henriksen I Looove it ;)

Can't wait for the Oscars, but if you wanna look at more Golden Globes dresses until then here is the place to do it: http://www.life.com/image/first/in-gallery/54571/golden-globes-2011-all-the-dresses#index/0 :)

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Synes Anne H's kjole er flot er også med på alle best dressed lister og sjovt nok er JLO med på de fleste worst dressed lister jeg har kigget på ;) Men smag og behag er jo forskellig!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...