Friday, January 21, 2011

Oh yeah - Republic of Doyle is back!!

Okay I know last time I spoke if tv-shows I made a list of my five favorite tv-shows which counted Hawaii Five-0, Supernatural, Criminal Minds, Medium and How I meet your mother, but I've have to confess I forgot one. A very important one at that - and I do know why I forgot it. It is not on Tv in Denmark and at the time I did my post on Tv-shows it was actually on a break too.

The show I am talking about is Republic of Doyle. It is a Canadian show and if you happen to be Canadian you can watch it here: http://www.cbc.ca/republicofdoyle/

If not you can either buy the first season here: http://www.cbcshop.ca/CBC/shopping/product.aspx?Product_ID=ETART00246&Variant_ID=ETART00246&lang=en-CA


or you can watch the episode from the first season here:
http://www.casttv.com/shows/republic-of-doyle#episodes



And I highly recommend that you do one or both. Republic of Doyle is one of the must well-written shows I've seen in a long time. It balances between being a drama with family relationship, a crime-solving show full of mysteries and comedy.



The show stars Allan Hawco (who is also a writer and producer on the show) as Jake Doyle. He and his father Malachy runs a PI service in St. John's Newfoundland and the locations of the show is another reason all on it's own to tune in. Newfoundland is without a doubt one of the most beautiful places on earth.

If you are still not convinced whatch this clip:


Funny right? I hope you will enjoy this show as much as I do :) And the show has just started it second season which looks like it is gonna be just as good if not better that the first season :)

1 comment:

  1. Well done on your blog. I enjoy the show very much, and follow it religiously. I've loved it since the very beginning, and yes season 2 is better thus far!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...