Thursday, April 7, 2011

Looking back....

My past is a big part of who I am today and sometimes I do look back. Today I searched through some old papers and found this poem. If I had to guess I'd say I wrote it in 2004, but it might be a bit older than that and it is called:

Far Away from Home

1000 neddles on my skin
The dark surrounds me
And the world starts to spin
Watching myself from a distance
Is this happining?

Starting to doubt my own existence
Alone - far away from everything known
Silent tears falling from my eyes

Wishing myself back to my home
1000s of hours passes by
The darkness gets darker
And I just want to die
Knowing that would kill them
I just move on
Carrying a picture - like a gem

Alone - far away from everything known
I scream into the wind
Trying to free myself from this dome

1000s nights I cried myself to sleep
Then finally a pale light
And filled with hope I took a leap
Feeling the warmth on my face
I know I made it through
But my heart still holds an empty space

With friends - still far away from home
I find myself smiling - laughing
Knowing everything will be okay……

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...