Monday, April 4, 2011

Post 100 and a few books.

I've just finished reading Kvinderne på Sølvheden (The women on the Silvermoor) by Hanne Faldborg. This book was also part of my Book Challenge, which last month said I should read a book by a danish author. I had really looked forward to reading this book and the plot did not dissapoint me, but the style in which it was written was sadly not to my liking.

This month is a month I have been looking forward to when it comes to the Book Challenge, since it asks it's participants to read a book from the 1800s. I love books from this era and there were lots of brilliant authors back then - danish aswell as english. 
I had a bit of trouble chosing a book though since there are so many great ones, but during the last month I narrowed it down to two books and yesterday I finally made up my mind and ordered the book on the local library's website.

The book I didn't pick was Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens, and I am not really sure why I didn't choose this one to be honest. His novel A Christmas Carol has been a favorite of mine for a long time and every christmas I both read the book and watch my favourite version of the movie (the one with Patrick Stewart) and I have wanted to read Oliver Twist for a long time too, but have have just never really gotten around to it. Who knows if I finish the book I picked over Oliver Twist I might just read it anyway!

But know to the book I am gonna read first. I have loved Jane Austen's book Pride and Prejudic aswell as Sense and Sensibility from the first time I read them on my last years of highschool but I had kinda forgotten that I wanted to read more of her books up untill this winter when a friend of mine loaned me another one of her books Persuasion and I thought that this month challenge was a great excuse to read yet another one of her books. I was not quite sure if I should go with Emma or Mansfield Park to begin with but after reading a bunch of summaries I decided on Mansfield Park. I am really looking forward to the mail form the library that I can come and pick up the book, so I can start reading it!   
e

Offcourse I will as always let you know what I thought about the book at the end of this month or the beginning of the next.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...