Sunday, February 27, 2011

And the Oscar goes to......

Tonight is Oscar night and like almost every other year since I was 10 years old I will be watching and enjoying every minute of it. Right from the stars on the Red Carpet to the award show itself, and this year I have actually watched almost all of the nominated movie, so here is my guess of who the winners are gonna be and who deserve it the most.

There are to many Categories for me to comment on them all but I have picked out a few of the important ones. I think King's Speech is gonna be a big winner tonight and True Grit will be it's biggest competion in more than one Category (Costume Design, Supporting Actress, Lead Actor and Direction.) The King's Speech is probably gonna go home with most of the awards, but I kinda hope The Coen Brothers will get the one for best directing (I am a big Coen fan - O Brother where art thou, The big Lebowski, LadyKillers, Burn after Reading and No country for old Men - need I say more ;)). True Grit is no exeption to their brilliant list of movies and I really truely hope they will be rewarded for their work tonight - even though I suspect the oscar might go to Tom Hooper for The King's Speech.
An other category I feel like I need to comment on is Foreign Language movie since Denmark is nominated in this one. In a Better World (Susanne Bier) is among the best I think and it's strongest rival is Buitiful - it is an amazing movie and the lead actor is a well known previously nominated actor (Javier Bardem), but I still keep my fingurs crossed for "our" movie (lukily for us Ulrich Thompsen is on the role list and Hollywood knows him ;)) but I do fear Buitiful is gonna be the winner tonight.


When is come to who should get the Oscar for Actress in a Supporting Role I really hope Haliee Steinfield for her work in True Grit. I don't for the life of me understand that she is nominatied in this category instead of Leading Role, since that is what she's got in True Grit, but I still think she should get to go home with on Oscar tonight.


I don't think I am the best judge of who is gonna go home with the Oscar for Actor in Best Supporting Role since I'm really not by any means a Christian Bale fan but I am a huge Geoffrey Rush fan. Mark Ruffalo did a fantastic job in The kids are Alright, but I still think this one is gonna go to Rush for his remarkable preformance in The King's Speech.



There is a lot of strong actreeses competing for Actress in a Leading Role this year, but the best is without a doubt Natalie Portman. I think her preformance made the movie in Black Swan. She showed of her abilities with the very emotional work she had to do and she deserves the Oscar.


Colin Firth (The King's Speech) is probably gonna win for best actor in a leading role this year. He did an amazing job and it would be well deserved. Weather or not he did a better job than Jeff Bridges in True Grit I am not sure, but my guess is the oscar is gonna go to Colin for that simple reason Bridges role lies to close to the one he recieved an oscar for last year in Crazy Heart.
I diffinatly think the choice for best movie is gonna be in between Black Swan and The King's Speech. Personally I think True Grit is a better movie that Black Swan but I still don't think it is the kinda movie that will be rewarded with an oscar this year. If I had to put my money on one movie is would be The King's Speech.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...