Wednesday, February 23, 2011

It's only words - and words are all I have!

Second day of the writer's week and I wanna use some of my own stuff. I have previously share some of my own poems on this blog. Fx you can read Seasons of the Soul here: http://mylife-nothingbutasong.blogspot.com/2010/07/seasons-of-soul.html and Out of reach - Out of control: http://mylife-nothingbutasong.blogspot.com/2010/09/where-wind-cuts-like-knife.html .

What inspires me to write is alway different. When it comes to short stories they just kinda poop into my head. Almost like already existing events that just need someone to tell them where poems are different. Whenever I write a poem it is because something in my real life drove me too it and they are always very personal to me. They are based on feelings from my own life our those of people close to me. Take Out of Reach - Out of Control - that one I wrote when Igor hit Newfoundland last year. One of my close friends lives there and not knowing what was going on drove me to write that one.

I always write my short stories in danish where my with my poems the language vary. When I went to high school I wrote a few ones in french, but today my language of choice are either english or danish. I wanna share a few with you here and the ones I have chosen are all english since it is the language I have chosen to use on this blog from the very beginning.

This first one is very old and I couldn't have been much more than 12-14 years old when I wrote it. It is about being sisters and the love you can have for a person that is very different from you. It is not my best work but one of my first poems - in english anyway.

SISTERS TO THE END

The worst of enemies
The best of friends
Two very different lives
but no need for making mends

One life long fight
One life long love
they both believe they are always right

The worst of enemies
The best of friends
They are sister to the end!

This next one written for two of my close friends. They wouldn't want me to use their names so I wont. I really admire them and they have been through a lot and they are still together and it is one of my best poems.

LIKE US

Like a leaf - floating in the wind
Like a wave - rolling in from the sea
Like the sun's motion across the sky
that's how we are
you and I

Like a bird - flying over the city
Like a horse - running over the field
Like a lion roaring at the horizon
that's how they'll be
our daughter and son

Like the snowfall of December
Like the spotless sky of June
Like the blomming of May
That's how we'll be
when we're old and grey

Like the terror of the storm
Like the stillness of the mountains
Like the beauty of the sea
that's how it'll end
and together we'll still be.

This one is me telling you of the homeless people "who walks the streets of London." I meet this homeless woman who had lived on the streets in London for most of her adult life. Her story really moved me and when I was back in my hotel room I wrote this poem:

A HEART BREAKING

The sound of the waterfall
The cry of a newborn baby
The roar of the angry lion
The avalanche thundering to the ground
The banging af the jungle drums
The scream of the mother's loss
The clashing of the storm
Is the sound of the broken heart

I hope you have enjoyed some of my poems and if you keep following my blog I am sure a few more will find their way on to it in time ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...