Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Writer's week

Like I've written on this blog before - I love words. Reading them, listening to them and writing them. I have decided to do a writer's week on my blog this week. I'll be using my friends writings, my own and published stuff in form of other blogs, lyrics, poems and short stories.

I am open to suggestions so if you know me drop me a note on facebook or send me an e-mail, if you have a suggestion and you don't know me personally drop me an note here.

Today I am using one of my friends writing. She love words and writing as much as I do and I've seen her do everything from long ongoing story lines to beautiful describtive poems.

Here is some of her work:

FEELINGS

by Krista Eddy

I don't want to forget them
But I'm forced to do it all the time
For you, you belong to another
And you will never be mine

I think of you and smile
I get this happy feeling inside
But when I'm told I shouldn't feel this way
It's something that I'm forced to hide

I don't want to hide them
But I'm forced to do it everyday
Push them down deep inside
Wish they would go away

But as much as I want them to
They won't go away
They just keep getting stronger
Day after day

I want to let them out
I want you to know about them
Because I have to keep them hidden
These feelings I feel for you.

If you wanna read more of Krista's work she is also blogging http://rantinandroarin.blogspot.com/ . Her blog contains her online story Sail me Away and tails from her Newfoundland life.

Enjoy.

5 comments:

  1. This is one of my poems. I always thought it was one of my strongest ones, despite being rather dark. I wrote it in about 15 minutes; it just came to me one day.

    The World Does Not Touch

    I'm a drifting soul
    An orphan without peace
    I've never been whole
    And the emptiness does not cease
    I can't feel any more
    I've been hurt too much
    There's dead wood at the core
    And the world does not touch.

    My soul has died and withered away
    There's a black hole in my chest
    Why do I hold the wolves at bay
    When all I want is rest?
    Greetings from the Ice Princess
    I'm existing with the emptiness
    And the world does not touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot a line from my poem:

    Second verse

    My soul has died and withered away
    There's a black hole in my chest
    Why do I hold the wolves at bay
    When all I want is rest?
    Greetings from the Ice Princess
    LEARN NOT TO EXPECT TOO MUCH
    I'm existing with the emptiness
    And the world does not touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's amazing Sara!! U are very good. I never knew u wrote :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, actually, I come from a family of published authors. I'm expected to contribute, too, just haven't yet. I have an idea in mind for my eventual book, even a roughed-out outline, haven't fleshed it out. With my kids and life in general, I don't write as much as I did when I was younger. I expect to get back to it in five or ten years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. U should u are very good :) I hope to get some of my writting published at some point to. I have an idea for a novel too but up untill now I have only written a few short storie, poems and I am working on a christmas story for my nephew

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...