Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Aussie x-factor champion

Normally I don't even watch many talent shows (or I do but I never really follow one contestant or show just watch when nothing else is on), but this time I do.

By coincidence I stumbled across the Australian x-factor when I was reading my twitter feeds and thought I would look it up, since Ronon Keating was one of the judges.

Ronon Keating was my absolute fav singer when I was a kid and a teen, and I still buy his cds and love listening to his music eventhough I don't listen to nearly as much pop as I did when I was younger, but Ronan has an amazing voice.
But is actually another coincidence it is his last contestant that has impressed me enough to keep following the show on youtube (it is not airing in Denmark).

His name is Altiyan Childs and this is one of his first appearences on the show:




I know, not to impressive, but you got to admit his voice is pretty good and he has charisma. Ronan Keating did see something in this guy from the get go that most people didn't and what do you know?He was right!

His first few live shows were good but he didn't really start to come in to his own before the 4th live show were he sung Bon Jovi's "Like a prayer" but it wasn't untill the 5th show he really started to impress me. This is him singing U2's "Beautiful day":





And thoughout the next couple of shows he only continued to get better. This is him doing Survivor's "Eye of the Tiger.":




But this guy actually also did Bryan Adams classic "Summer of 69" justice and at the same time he showed himself able to put on just a good of a show with an instrument in hand as he does without it:



This sunday Altiyan put on two amazing preformances whic send him through to the final 3. I can't vote for him since I am not an aussie myself, but if you are. Lend this guy a hand. He deserves to win that is for sure. Still not convinced? Then look at these last two vids of Altiyan singing his heart out and judge again :)

This is the very moving "The living years":



and this is Altiyan rocking the show with Bon Jovi's 80's hit "Blaze of Glory" the title track of the movie Young Guns:



He's good talent right??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...