Sunday, November 14, 2010

Bookworm???






Okay a note has started to go around Facebook of 1oo books BBC thinks most people have only read 6 of. The list is a bit wierd though, but check it out and see how many you get: http://www.librarything.com/topic/61828w.librarything.com/topic/61828


Out of these books I've read 30, but still think it is composed in a rather wierd way. It lakes quite a few books, newer aswell as older and where has all the classic horror stories gone? Oh well it is fun and quite a good inspiration. There's a few books on there I wanna read either because I never read them and they sound interesting (oh yep I was nerdy enough to look up almost all the ones I did not know) or because I haven't read them in ages. Food for thoughts to my bookclub :)


Which brings me too, what I am reading now. As I said before I am in a (newly started) bookclub and we are on our first book. It is by Elizabeth Gilbert and it is called Eat, Pray, Love. It is about a woman leaving everything behind as she goes out into the world trying to find herself. I haven't read a lot of it yet, but it is very promising so far. If this has peaked your interest you can read more about both the author and the book on this website: http://www.elizabethgilbert.com/eatpraylove.htm
This book was not my own choice and not something I would normally read on my own, but there in lies the challange of a bookclub. Eat, Pray, Love was recommended by a friend of mine and I am looking forward to our first discussion about the book.
Eat, Pray, Love has been made into a Julia Roberts film which is running in the danish cinemas at the moment and who knows maybe we'll swing by and make our own judgemenst as if the movie lives up to the book :)
Here is the trailer to the movie in case you are interested:


What are you reading at the moment?? Drop me a note if you want to, I would love the inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...