Friday, December 31, 2010

Another circle around the sun


2010 is almost over, so it is time to reflect over what kinda year it has been and what is to expect from 2011.

2010 has been a year that has brought me new friends aswell as a year where I have reconnected with some old ones, but I have also realized that even because you have know someone your entire life it doesn't necessarily mean that you are gonna be in their lives forever, atleast not in a way you used to be - and do you know what? That is okay to, a bit sad when the thought first dawned on me, but I realized that I have alot of other amazing people in my life and so does this old friend of mine and if we are not the best of company for each other right now it does not matter and who knows maybe next year at this moment I will reflect back and we'll be as close as ever - who knows??

Like I said I have reconnected with an old friend this year too. Everyone has friends that they have known for a long time, but not really know. I have a few friends like that, but sometimes this year one of these friendships of mine changes. I am not really sure why, when or how it happened but I am glad it did 'cause 2010 brought me a new close friend :)

If you follow my blog or know me personally, you'll know I am also a music/movie buff so I also consider the year in art.

A lot of great albums has been released this year here is a few of the best ones that poops into my mind:

Great Big Sea - Safe upon the shore http://www.greatbigsea.com/store/
Sean McCann - Lullabies for bloodshot eyes http://greatbigsean.com/site/?page_id=7
Katie Melua - The House http://www.amazon.co.uk/House-Katie-Melua/dp/B003AXNSNU
The Avett Brothers - I and love and you http://www.theavettbrothers.com/us/shop
De Eneste To - De eneste to http://deenesteto.dk/

2010 has also been a good movie year. The ones that left an impression on me is:

Robin Hood (my fav actor in an impressive movie. It is stunning, funny and exciting).
Shutter Island (I loved the book and the movie is even better - DiCaprio is a great actor)
The Back-up Plan (Cute, sweet, funny - proved to be one of the best chick flicks I've seen)
Odine (no words - need to be watched. Truely a beautiful film in every sence of the word)
Inception (one of the best action movies I've seen in a while)

Besides my new fav tv-show aired for the first time in 2010: Hawaii Five-0






Other amazing experiences I've gotten in 2010 is counting:

Rasmus Seebach concert in Århus with a friend of mine (after letting her torture my hair ;)) It was a great night and something I diffinatly want to repeat.






Seeing Julie Nord exhibit in Aros really left and impression on me and she is now one of my favorite artist and I really hope to see more of her exhibtions in the future.

U2 concert in Horsen. Eventhough I am by no means a U2 fan, I do think they have made a few good songs and since my sister paid my ticket I wasn't about to turn this experience down and an experience it was. They played some great songs and the light show was extraordinary plus it was great to see my sister experience her favorite band live for the first time.

And the baptism of my best friend beautiful baby-girl:



2010 also brought a few tears. My brother left our hometown and moved 180 km to Fanø to live with his girlfriend which is great for him, but has been a bit wierd and hard on me. I am getting use to not having him so close anymore and I am really happy for him.
Other tears 2010 has brought is also in relation with brother. His girlfriend was diagnoised with an in-operable brain tumor and she is now undergoing treatment ( I hope 2011 will be the year she is declaired healthy).

2010 has also made me question myself - who I am and what I want with my life. I realiezed that I am not sure, so I decided to put college on hold for a while untill I figure it out. Which is what 2011 hopefully will be for me - a year of self discovery and soul searching :)

The last thing that has happend to me in 2010 is a good one without a doubt. I have alway loved writting but I had kinda forgotten about that for a few years, but this year I remembered which means I have begun to write poems and short stories again, but it also means I started up this blog.

2011 will bring more writting, but also lots of moments with my friends. So last but not least I wanna wish you all a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...