Sunday, December 19, 2010

The best shows on TV!!!

Okay I've got to admit I love TV shows - maybe even more than I love movies.
Why??
Well because you get to now the characters better I guess, and because you see the changes in them slowly over weeks instead of over only a few hours. Don't get me wrong I love movies too, but there is just something about being able to follow a show and it's characters week after week and look forward to what will happen next.


Over the years I have had a lot of fav Tv-shows some of them being teen shows like The OC and Dawson's Creek, when I was growing up others have been TV dramas like ER, comedies like Friends, family dramas like Gilmore Girls and science fiction shows like the X-files, but in this blog post I wanna talk a bit about the shows that are around today - and there really are lots of good shows out there at the moment and it is impossible to watch them all just because you thing they are good (which is one of the troubles with TV-shows I guess).

Some of the shows I like to watch on occasion are doctor shows like House and Grey's Anatomy where House is clearly my fav one. Grey's has always only been a show I have been watching once in a while if I was bored, but it is a good show. House was a show I followed regulary up until the 3rd season where I think a bit to many changes was made for my liking, but I I've gotta say it is a good show and I still tune in once in a while.

There are also good family dramas out there like fx. Brothers and sisters - again not a show I am to familiar with but one I like to watch if I see it is on and I have nothing better to do (or if I need a good excuse not to do the dishes right this moment ;))

Another great show that I have been watching from the get go - but I am not that good at following weekly anymore is Medium and that is by no means because it is a bad show, but just because as I said earlier there are just to many shows out there and I am not able to follow all of them even though I would like too. Medium is a bit sci-fi and a bit detective and a bit family - a great mix and I usually catch up with it when it is released on dvd or re-runs are on TV.

Another show I used to follow was Numbers but for some reason I just kinda lost interest in that one, but I guess that happens once in a while. I really don't have anything bad to say about it - and I am not sure why I stopped watching. Maybe because I am really bad at math and all the numbers just got to much?? Don't know - maybe :)

A cop show I also watch on occasion and actually think I would really love if I had more hours in the day and time enough to follow yet another show is The Mentalist. The idea is original and the show is exciting and fun, besides Simon Baker is a great actor.

There are also a lot of great comedy shows out there. One I watch once in a while is The Big Bang Theory. That is a really funny show and luckily one you don't have to follow to enjoy :)

But now to my top 5 fav shows (and they are of very different genres so you might find one you like among there ;))

5. Is a comedy show and it is called How I meet your mother and is actually not a show I watch every week, but it is in my opinion the best comedy show out there at the moment(and my fav part is the character Barney) and it is diffinatly worth to take a look at:






4. The next show is also one I used to watch regulary but I has gotten a bit away from the this last season, I do fully intend to catch up though. It is a crime/lab show and it is called Bones. The reason why I like this Crime/lab show over all of those others out there is the characters. A lot more work is put into the character building than on any other crimelab show I have ever seen, besides the experiments in the lab are usually very amusing. Take a look for yourself:






3. This next show is also a crime show but in a very different way that Bones. This FBI team takes us into the mind of the criminals and uses psychology to catch the killers and the way the show is shot is genius. It has been a fav of mine from it started almost 6 years ago and I don't think I'll stop watching any time soon (eventho this too has gotten a way for me this season - but once again I will catch up). It is also hard to choose which part of the show to show you, becuase it has gone on for so long and is full of great characters, besides it is also a show that uses a lot of quotes from famous writers and other historic figures which I love. Any way this is the clip I choose:






2. This next show is a sci-fi show and it has been one of my fav shows on TV since it started 5/6 years ago and it is not your every day Sci-fi show, actually it reminds me more of old horror flicks at times. The name of this one is Supernatural and it is about two brothers hunting down supernatural creatures and killing them. It is exciting, scary and funny all at the same time. The shows is carried by only two actors Jared Padelecki (which you may know from Gilmore Girls)and Jensen Ackles (from Dark Angel and Smallville) and they both do a great job with the comedic sides of their characthers as well as the dramatic ones. This is a show that I am really confindent will never start to bore me and it is diffinatly worth you looking into. This clip shows a bit of the shows scary sides aswell as the funny ones:






1. The last show on my list is one brand new and has in my opinion got it all. It is fast, exciting, funny and if full of great actors. It is only 12 episodes into it's first season, but you still might know the name of it since it is a remake of a 70s Tv-show. It is called Hawaii Five-0.
It is a cop show and it was big in the 70s (according to my mom) and it even had cult phrases like Book 'em Danno. It didn't know the phrase or the show untill I started watching the new one but my mom says it looks just as good as the old one.
Since I have not watched the old one I can not judge there all I know is I think it is the best show on tv at the moment. The story line is great and the cast is amazing and counts guest appearences like Balthazar Getty (Alias) and James Masters (Buffy, Angel) not to mention the regulars:
Daniel Dae Kim (from Lost), Scott Caan (son of James Caan and know from the Ocean's movies) and Alex O'Loughlin (from tv-shows like Moonlight and the romantic comedy The back-up plan). U have chosen a clip that shows a bit of the action in the show and a lot of the fun. In any case it is a good indicater of the style and it is deffinatly worth you checking out:






Any way this is the shows I enjoy watching, maybe you will find a bit of inspiration here if you are searching for a new show to follow or maybe I just helped you remember a show you once loved to watched, I know I just remembered a few myself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...