Monday, December 27, 2010

The movies Christmas wouldn't be the same without

I was watching Love Actually with a friend of mine earlier today and she said that, that was her favorite Christmas movie and Christmas just wouldn't be the same if she didn't get to watch it and I realized that I have a few movies like that myself.

For as longs as I can remember I have loved the movie It's a wonderful life and I watch that one every Christmas before Christmas eve and I've gotta confess my Christmas spirit doesn't settle in before I've sat down under my blanket with a cup of hot choco. This ending brings a tear to my eye every time. What a wonderful movie:



But there is also a few newer movies that I love watching either before Christmas or during. One of the is The Santa Claus - just because it is funny ;)



Another one is The Holiday - because it is sweet and really christmassy and because it has my favorite actress (Kate Winslet) in it. It is a romantic chickflick when they are best. And when this movie come on telly Christmas has begun for sure:



But the one movie that is a Christmas must for everyone is A Christmas Carol. This amazing Charles Dickins tale (I also read the book once a year btw. and it is highly reccomended) has been filmed more than once, but I certainly have a fav version and this is it:



May your Christmases past have been good, your Christmas present great and all you future Christmases be WONDERFUL ;D

1 comment:

  1. In our house, having as I do, small children, animated specials have become the norm at Christmas. But even growing up I saw a lot of them. It was never Christmas until Mom had seen "How The Grinch Stole Christmas" and "A Charlie Brown Christmas". And I still love seeing those shows today, even at 40 years old. Now I've added "A Mickey Mouse Christmas Carol", "Mickey Mouse's Once Upon A Christmas" and "Mickey Mouse's Twice Upon A Christmas" to the mix. Also so many cartoon specials I've lost track. But my favorite animated special is a somewhat obscure one that's adult-only. It's called "A Wish For Wings That Work" and requires that you must be familiar with a comic strip called "Bloom County", later changed to "Outland", featuring a penguin named Opus and a cat named "Bill the Cat", drawn by Berke Breathed. Living in Denmark, you may never have heard of any of these characters, but in America, they were fairly well-known about 10 years ago. Thus the reason this is somewhat obscure. The comic strip is no longer in production. But I'm still fond of this holiday special--it is warm and funny and a bit wistful. Opus the penguin wishes with all his heart to fly, for "wings that work". But when Santa needs help on Christmas Eve, perhaps only a penguin can help... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5QI4ESioUM

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...