Sunday, December 26, 2010

The things that makes Christmas, Christmas ;)

So what does make Christmas Christmas?? Well I guess it is a bunch of things really, but I do have a few things that spring to mind that makes Christmas Christmas for me. The obvious ones are being aroung family and friends. Feeling the love and watching the beautiful Christmas decorations light up the cold December nights. The freezing cold, the snowcovered ground and the warmth inside the houses while drinking hot choco :)



But one Christmas wouldn't be the same without for me is the Christmas shopping which has to be done in Aarhus, and not untill December has begun. Why?? Because Aarhus is an amazing place to be in December and if you haven't found your Christmas spirit yet, chances are you will find it while shopping for presents for the people you love in this beautiful city.


Another things is a tradition that has been handed down to me. I remember when I was a small kid watching my sister decorate the Christmas tree, but as I grew older and my sister moved out of my parents house this torch was handed on to me and eventhough I don't live at my parents house anymore I am still the one decorating the tree and I've got to say doing this ritual is not something I would give up for anything. I decorate it every year on the 23rd of December and it gives me a feeling of Christmas being very close.

While decoration the tree I listen to Christmas music and the songs and artist vary from year to year but there is a few songs that this ritual just wouldn't be the same without. One of them is Silent Night which is my favorite Christmas song for sure, which artist that gets to sing it vary. This one I chose for you is by Bruce Guthro.




Another song that I loved listening to this year was Ronan Keating's It's only Christmas which has also gotten to be one of my favorite Christmas tunes this year:




And the last one I wanna share with you and that has been played more that once this Christmas and for the last 5 Christmases is a song by my favorite band Great Big Sea and it is a traditional one from their beautiful home in Newfoundland and I just love this song, it's spirit and energy.




So once again I wish you a merry Christmas. Enjoy the last few days of your holiday. The new year is coming soon ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...